Sunday 18 December 2011

This year's Nanowrimo

I haven't posted yet about what happened with this years nanowrimo
well it started off pretty well, I worked on the same principle as last year, to write the target amount each day of 1667 words. I used the twitter word sprints again and also discovered a neat little tool called written kitten which brings up pictures of cats when you write a set amount of words. I started writing a story which kept going in different directions (as it tends to do) I thought it was going to be about a girl discovering feminism and riot grrrl, but then it kind of changed to a fantasy story. It kind of turned into some sort of story about a girl with depression who then meets all sorts of magical creatures that try to help her overcome it. There is other stuff in it but it's a bit all over the place.
Then one day I just didn't know what to write next and I felt like I had really just been kind of writing about myself in a kind of metaphorical sense. But I was about half way by this point so I didn't want to give up, so the other half of the month I just wrote a kind of stream of conciousness thing writing what ever I felt like writing about, whether it was about my emotions or certain memories.
So I did do the 50,000 words this year for the 2nd time but I kind of felt like I cheated as it wasn't one whole story and I don't even know if I want to edit the story bit. I'm still editing the one from 2010! Maybe next year's will be better...

No comments:

Post a Comment