Monday 29 November 2010

I finally won NaNoWriMo!

Further to my last blog post, I have now finished my novel for national novel writing month! And after six years of trying, I have finally managed to reach 50,000 words after a lot of hard work, dirty tricks etc to get that word count up! I'm pleased with myself that I finally managed to complete it.

Anyway I know quite a few people have said to me that they want to read it or that I should put it online. Well I'm not going to publish it online (at least not yet).
What I want is to get three volunteer readers to read this first draft- but don't get excited just yet- this means reading the novel without any editing, so with possible spelling mistakes, errors, and all the dirty tricks I used to boost the word count- like not using any contractions and turning words like whatever into two words- what ever.

I want those people to give me honest positive and negative feedback about what they liked and didn't like about the story so that in January (in theory) I can start editing it and improving it, and I'll keep improving it until I think it's good enough, and then I'm hoping to attempt to get it published- but it needs a lot of work first!

so the first three people to comment on this blog, or respond when I put this link on twitter and facebook, can be the volunteer readers and help me make this labour of love into something publishable!

No comments:

Post a Comment